I've been absent because I've recently gone back to "work", after twelve years of being a SAHM. We're all getting our routines rescheduled and on track. I'm working at getting enough writing time in, too.
WINTER from Rodeo With A Twist of Suspense tagged me a few days ago, to put up eight random facts or habits about myself. I'm supposed to tag eight other friends, but MeMe's have been going around so much lately, I thought I'd just catch up with you all and post my own. So, here goes:
1. My DH is five years younger than I am, and we married a week after my 30th birthday. Lol! I got a lot of flack from friends at the time, for "robbing the cradle", but I sure don't regret marrying a young man who's keeping me young as I approach my "middle age". :)
2. I love "young" pop stars that apparently don't "go" with my age. :) For example; Gwen Stafani, Shakira, The Pussycat Dolls, Carrie Underwood, and Nelly Furtado. Who said you had to dry up and float away as dust when you're in your 40's??
3. I'm heavily addicted to Diet Coke with Lime, and had to cut back on my 3-4 can a day habit when my heart started palpating from all the caffeine I was consuming along with my 4 cups of coffee in the a.m. I'm now down to one cup of coffee and one Diet Coke a day. It hurt!
4. I'm a proud Canadian - newly moved out West to our great Prairies and sitting on top of North Dakota. I love the wide open space and being able to see straight to the horizon of a cerulean blue sky. They make jokes about being able to see your dog run away for three days, but it makes me feel BIG and at one with nature.
5. I used to raise prize-winning Angora rabbits. At one time, I had twenty of them in my garage and out in the back yard. I spun their wool, and won at rabbit shows all around our county back east. I *loved* those rabbits and as they all had pedigrees and were approved by the American Rabbit Breeders Association, I regularly got $75.00 each - $125 for a breeding pair. I miss not having them, now that we're in the military.
6. I scrapbook and go on binges doing it when I get writers block. It seems to unlock something in my creative processes - not to mention give my family a beautiful photo heritage of all our memories.
7. I used to be a police officer, a correctional work with young offenders, and ran a n overnight crisis-shelter for street youth. Back before I was a SAHM. :) I received a Governor-General's Medal for my work with street youth. If *I* was in the military instead of my husband, I'd be able to wear it on my uniform on November 11th. My dh had it shadow-boxed for me instead. (our Governor-General is the Queen's representative in our Canadian government)
8. I wish I'd been able to finish my degree years ago. Now, I wish I had an MFA, but life just isn't going to let me get there. I'll have to learn as I go, writing my romantic suspense/thrillers and hoping to someday be published.
And the Best Thing in Life right now - my mother's townhouse burnt down on Monday but she and her pets are safe. It's shocking when you lose everything, but having my mom still around is the Best. As she said, "It just wasn't my time."
And what is the Best Thing in Your Life?