- Mow the grass because I'm not strong enough to pull the choke - my kind neighbor in our semi took pity on me last weekend and did the front lawn for me as DH was studying for a big exam in the "Crystal Palace".
- Get my DD out of the ADULT pay-per-view section on our Satellite TV without calling the Satellite people to help me, and then having them talk me through putting the Parental Controls on so she can't get into them again, in French or in English!
- Get my Satellite TV back on after my DD has been fooling around with the remote and I can't figure out how to do it myself without calling the Satellite people to help talk me through it. (I know, pathetic!)
- Stop a water leak in my basement caused by tremendous thunder storm. There were only three basements flooded - it's been two days and there's two guys to fix leaky basements. Hmmm.....as I mop and squeegee, mop and squeegee, wonder if this could be used as an insanity defense for a murder....tell myself to look on the bright side, I'm renting and don't have to pay for the repairs, IF the guy ever comes....as the water continues to pour in...
- Can't fix the computer settings after DS has been fooling around on computer and playing computer games. (I know, THIS is REALLY pathetic, but I'm not computer literate at all!)
- Try and explain to special needs DS that he has to use HIS razor Mom bought him, even if he does like the colour pink. Give up and let him use pink one; in scheme of things, who cares?
- Spend most of free time chasing orange cat who special needs DD lets out of house because she likes to see "him be free". Cats aren't allowed outside here. Seriously think about letting him "go" so he'll find a nice home at the Humane Society, but it's a toss up as to who would kill me first, DH or DD.
- Get DS out of bed before 8 a.m. for the school bus - DH leaves at the crack of dawn and DS only responds to him. DS races to bus stop with three minutes to spare every a.m.
- Lay 20 patio stones, even with female volunteers, for the patio I dream of complete with patio planters and chaise lounges. Maybe next year!
- Fix computer printer so it'll do more than print gibberish. Again, not computer literate!! Argh!! (lucky I have two, thanks to his computer lease from his last job)
What does this all have to do with writing? Nothing. I needed to take a break from writing, that's all. :) Only one person has tried to guess my villian and she was close, but wrong.
To all single moms out there, I salute you! You're doing a hard, hard, job. Motherhood is most often a thankless one for which we get a one day salute at best. Whenever my DS says "I love you, mom", it's the most precious thing in the world to me. If you're single and mothering, never give up. My problems will seem petty compared to yours, likely, but you're doing a great job. And if you're single, mothering, and writing.....you're fantastic!
Back to the partial....