Friday, September 07, 2007

My New Home


It's taken a couple of weeks, and long days packing and unpacking, but we're finally in our new home. Our kids are in a fantastic school program, the city is gorgeous, and I can't believe that it only takes five minutes for me to drive to ten stores all in one place.

I loved Saskatchewan, and I'm sure glad we lived there, but this new adventure promises to be an exciting and invigorating environment. I do hate unpacking, reorganizing, putting up pictures, hanging blinds, and figuring out how to find new doctors, dentists, and dance classes. However, the kids are so happy, my dh *will* be happy once he gets his teeth into work again, and I'm happy to be somewhere where I've got friends and relatives once again.

And my computer's finally hooked up and ready for me to hit the keyboard again. I've got some thoughts for a new story, and am searching for an agent - someone who'll see my potential and if my first or second submission isn't quite right for her/him, will still let me learn on the fly. I know this is possible, because it's happened to other author friends of mine. I'm looking for an agent with sales, great contacts, and who'll have faith in me.

It's going to be a fast and furious September! How was your summer?

2 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

Welcome to Winnipeg Laurie!!!

Kerry Blaisdell said...

Congrats on the move! Sounds like a great thing for you and yours! We've had a pretty rough summer, but I am slowly getting back in the groove myself, with my own set of changes (losing my job after 8.5 years, and the depressing exercise of hunting for a new one, for starters). Hope you're squeezing in some writing along the way. *:?)