Thursday, April 27, 2006

One Month & Counting

It's only been a month today that my family and I left central Ontario and moved out west to Prairie country. It seems like three months, so much has happened, trite as that sounds. The moving company lost our second car for awhile, our new house needed two water leaks fixed the first week, the second week the sewer backed up, the second weekend my dh flew back east to his brother's wedding, the third weekend my dd ended up in hospital, and our home back east still isn't sold.

Touch wood - a deal may still close tomorrow! My kids have bravely started school in the last term of the year, dh has started a difficult course to continue his career - and I'm desperately trying to reinvent myself and my writing career with some new inspiration under these wonderful skies that reach out to the horizon and go on forever. It feels limitless here and I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. I'm not homesick at all, and for that, I'm very thankful.

My suspense novel "Dragonfly" still looks as good in the pre-writing "note" stage as it did back in Ontario. I just have to take a few breaths and get down to working on it. We've accomplished so much in such a short period of time! Now, I feel like sleeping for a few days to catch up. I've got a hot stone massage scheduled for May 1st, and can't wait as I've never had one. A whole hour to pamper myself. Maybe my heroine will end up having one too!

Off to write up my judge's sheets for the Daphne du Maurier contest. I have a book review to do as well on "Dirty Sweet", a new crime novel by John McFetridge. It's coming out in May - fantastic read - I'll post the review here too, so watch for it! If you love dark, but fast-paced action, you're going to love this book.

No comments: